04 January 2009

My hula hoop is broken

Several years ago, I strode confidentally into the local Sports Authority, armed with resolve to purchase a stylin' elliptical machine. After gulping at the prices (and the knowledge that pavement is free), I left the store, the proud new owner of a yellow-striped hula hoop. The timeless circle, I reasoned, would surely provide a workout as well. AND, it was only $2.99. Bargain! Well, it's sat in my garage for lo these many years until I dragged it out today.

I was more than a little disconcerted to find that I couldn't keep it from slipping down to my knees or from spinning beyond a puny three revolutions. I'm telling you, there must be some malfunction! I swear I used to be rather talented in that arena in my junior high gym class. Or was it grade school? I'll have to test out another hoop for more concrete data.

No comments:

Post a Comment