Really, it was a bit of a letdown--this whole driver's license renewal process. Granted, there is still a very real possibility of being pulled over by a cop in the nearby future (the new headlight is still sitting in a rather benign fashion on Erv's passenger seat.) I mean, I did my homework. I looked up the renewal requirements online (written test/eye exam a must if your license has expired), paged through a rather lengthy PDF of the AK DMV driver's manual all day, and--when pressed for time--chose the worthier option of driving straightaway to the DMV after work, rather than spending some extra time with a straightener and mirror . . . JUST TO FIND OUT THAT IT WASN'T NECESSARY. When the DMV clerk asked for payment, my first thought was, "You'd think you wouldn't have to pay until after you had passed the test. Weird." After a few moments of anticipatory silence I asked where I would go to take the test, and whether or not I'd have to re-take the motorcycle test as well. She seemed quite a bit amused at the question. I suppose my rather crestfallen appearance may have brightened her day, as well. I so should have spent the time with a mirror--yikes! I now regard my license picture as a potential "before" shot. There's nowhere to go but up. ;o)What can I say? I LOVE TESTS. I've always loved tests. I retook the SATs not because I was unhappy with my score, but because someone who saw my scores made an offhand comment that I followed the trend of scoring higher in verbal than in math. Well, we'd just see about that! I could be atypical and score higher in math! Bring it on! I ended up increasing my overall score, as well as hitting my bizarre goal of a higher math score than verbal score. We all have our foibles, I guess. ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment