Hmmm . . . Looks kind of fuzzy. Maybe I got the vaseline-screened image sent to me. Notice the canned smile. I cannot hold back an "un-fake" smile beyond .5 seconds when before a camera. Oh well.
I apologize for the lack of pictures--my camera died months and months ago, and even before then I never remembered to click.
To give you a sense of "Rahni", may I present the following: I eat m&m's in a calcuating way. Usually, I eliminate the browns and blues first (leaving a nice palette of yellow, green, orange and red), then systematically eat them so that there are always an equal number left of the remaining colors. I'm a fanatic about waving "thank-you" when people let me into their lanes while driving--often waving at least twice, and am obsessive in checking if others do the same when I grant them such "favors". My Tivo makes me feel like a neglectful owner when I don't pay it enough quality attention--WHY do I feel guilty for not watching all of the "Wings" episodes it faithfully records at 5AM?
A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. -Steve Prefontaine
Concerning the public's reaction to his book (The Jungle), "I aimed at the public's heart and by accident I hit it in the stomach." - Upton Sinclair
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
There are three kinds of cowboys: The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. And the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
No matter who you are, no matter where you live, no matter how many people are chasing you-- what you DON'T read is often as important as what you DO read. --Lemony Snickett
castOFcharacters
blue - BYU
brown - Barnes and Noble
green - Family
orange - Church
purple - "Mormon Posse" HS friends
red - East HS (now)
rahniRATES - Top 10 reads of '09 (so far)
1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer
No comments:
Post a Comment