28 January 2009

Could it be?

. . . that the fonts Times New Roman and Comic Sans don't deserve the scorn I heap upon them?

. . . that when I tailgate cars in front of me who are misbehaving, they do not understand my teaching methods and see the errors of their ways?

. . . that setting my alarm clock to erupt 30 minutes before I plan to get up (just so I get the pleasure of pressing "snooze") punishes me with 5-minute hasty sleep increments rather than rewards me with "an extra half hour of sleeping in"?

. . . that just because I didn't start a new resolution or behavioral change at the beginning of the week, it doesn't mean I'm off the hook for self improvement until the next Monday?

. . . that I shouldn't quote my arrival time to others based on a blanket "anywhere-in-Anchorage-is-15-minutes-away-from-where-I-am" mindset?

. . . that it's not a good idea to purposely skip a friend's birthday just so I can use the "belated birthday" card I bought 8 years ago and have never had occasion (or guts) to use?

. . . that I shouldn't continue to drive past the police station a minimum of four times a day with one headlight out and expect not to be pulled over? (fingers still crossed on that one)

. . . that--even though I own a handy Teach Yourself Dutch kit--I won't learn a foreign language just through the FORCE of wishful thinking?

. . . that most people start their conversations with a greeting, instead of launching into a story that's been yammering to be told all day?

IT'S WORTH CONSIDERING, I SUPPOSE. ;O)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rahni! Oh, you are FUNNY! I've enjoyed reading your blog since recently discovering it. LOL @ the tailgate comment especially. For some odd reason, it provoked a childhood memory... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZgiVicpZGk :o)

    ReplyDelete