15 November 2010

reply imminent

An example from my inbox

Date: 5/6/09
To: Rahni
From: Curtis
Subject: RE: a precursor to a real email

I am still patiently awaiting a real email from the eloquent Rahni.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Johnson_Rahni johnson_rahni@asdk12.org> wrote:
I got your email--thanks! I've been planning a reply in my head now for days--not ready yet, but didn't want you to think that I was ignoring you. ;o)>>>> Rahni

Dear Curtis/Dawn/Melanie/Heather/Paul/Stephen/Darcy/the entire East High staff waiting to hear what I found out about the history of the Thunderbird mascot/Donia/Sarah/Aunt Yvonne/Eric/Leah/Lindsay/Perri/Corey/Steve/Xitla/Rachael/Emily/Chicago Greg/Pam/Amy/Kick/Joan/Kim/Ijeoma/Nai/Gail/Patrick/Dori/ETCYOUKNOWWHOYOUARE

Just think of how behind I would be in communication if I had to keep up with anything MORE than my cell phone, regular mail, email, texts and blogs. Facebook is really never going to happen, at this rate. Take note of the dearth of blog posts at this site and burrow in for a loooong winter. :o) I apologize for any past, present and future neglect!

Ironically, I only made one New Year's resolution (so far) this year--Be on time! Didn't work. I thought that maybe I'd work on just one quality a month, master it and move on. Shouldn't have put such a hard one first! Being timely in communication, travel, tasks, etc., is NOT MY FORTE. Here's to hoping--there's still one month left in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment