10 January 2010

Summer Haze

My alarm clock thinks it's July 7th. I didn't even know that my alarm clock had an opinion on the date, but it's weighing in, anyway. I've had this alarm clock for something like 15 years. I wonder what other nuggets of (mis)information are hiding among its electrical wirings.

Actually . . . wait. I'm getting a glimpse of a vague memory of delight at discovering this feature back in college. Hmmm . . . I wonder what else I've forgotten since those brain-straining years. Not that they were as brain-straining as they ought to have been. APPLY YOURSELVES IN SCHOOLS, KIDS. Back to what all I've let slip--I guess that's kind of a moot thing to spend time thinking about. By definition, I'll never remember what I forgot, as it's long gone by now, right?

Still, though, I'm glad that at least my alarm clock is trying . . . even as I shiver looking at the cold, cold, snow-encrusted landscape outside the window. Looking forward to July 7th, though. I've got a good feeling about that day.

2 comments:

  1. Paul wants to know, is that your Darth Vader alarm clock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I felt a twinge of guilt when I purloined that nifty JPG from Google Images. It's far, far cooler than my actual alarm clock. In fact, it's not really representational of me at all--seeing as how I didn't even watch all of the original Star Wars movies until they were rereleased in the theater while I was in college. Pretty neat alarm clock, though, eh?

    ReplyDelete