09 September 2009

Mister Blister

I like to include pictures in my blog (usually obtained from Google>images)--mostly to apologize for the lack of actual pictures from my life--but let me just warn you now: Do not seek out blister pictures! I'm still shuddering. On the inside. This will just be a text post.

Situation: Blister appears on appendage.
Solution: ???

I'm sure that many people, most people, do not devote nearly as much time, worry, or attention to such trivialities as a small-ish blister on their little toe. It took me a little bit of time to even accept the fact that I even had a blister after my 26-mile trek on Monday. I've got oddly-shaped toes. It's an annoyance that I've come to accept as fact. 19 years later, and I still remember Chandra commenting on how her current flirtation partner said she had short, fat feet. (Thanks, Gordon.) ;o) You know, you aim your comment at one twin . . . sometimes it hits them both. Double home run! Strangely enough, though, I haven't gotten a blister in years and years and years, so my recently acquired blemish caused my brow to furrow and my fingers to dial. I asked for advice from everyone . . . track coaches, co-workers, family, Wikipedia. Only to find, after two days or so of research, that my blister had abated on its own. Drama over. Not really worthy of even a whole post entry, but I think the only way to purge those pictures from my mind is virtual transference from thought to blog. Thanks for being the outlet to my horror.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your blister. Congrats on your marathon, though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need somewhere to stay in St. George-- or is Chandra in So. Utah? If you need a place, let me know. We've got plenty of room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail--Thanks, but I've elected to stay in AK and watch my nieces while my brother-in-law and sister hit the pavement down in St. George. Getting down to Utah at that time proved to be just too complicated. It didn't hurt that I'm totally not prepared for another marathon and have been a slacker of late!

    ReplyDelete