Looking back, I think I've been inflating my wpm number ever since my high school keyboarding class. Always fairly adept at a keyboard, I naturally assumed that I've just improved over the years. This site tells me "no." Rude. Actually, though, my scores did raise once I read the directions. :o) Here's a hint for you before you test your pride: choose a paragraph based on whether you are a two-spacer (after a period) or a one-spacer typist for dramatically improved results.These were the "games" of my schooldays. Typing games, NumberCrunchers, Oregon Trail . . . ah, the memories. The black DOS background. The days of double spaces after periods (people tell me that now we're down to one--actually, they say it happened awhile ago.) Golden years, indeed.
P.S. For those of you who have an unhealthy interest in the keyboard, allow me to recommend the following--Quirky Qwerty by Torbjorn Lundmark. It's the story of the keyboard "@ your fingertips."
No comments:
Post a Comment