skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A relaxed and natural threat
The forensics class at the high school enlisted help from the faculty and staff by passing out paragraphs for us to copy--presumably to perform handwriting analysis. Nifty, I thought, as I prepared to put pen to paper. The instructions directed me to "copy the following paragraph in your most relaxed and natural handwriting." I knew, of course, that my handwriting would be a tad neater than usual--a smidge self-conscious, if you will--knowing that every loop and slant would be up for post-mortem review. I mean, is there anyone among us who doesn't overanalyze the result of picking "A" over "B" while taking a personality test? No? Manipulating personality tests isn't all that common, eh--just me, I suppose. Anyhow, here's the kicker--We were to copy a RANSOM NOTE.How "relaxed and natural" do you suppose you would be if penning such a nefarious note? One would think that you'd try and use your most agitated and forceful handwriting in such a case. I would hardly be as worried about a lovely, flowing script when compared to the same message seemingly written by a lunatic. OR, more likely, you'd try and disguise it altogether, perhaps eschewing the pen for a handy People magazine and a sharp pair of scissors.Curious choice, is all I'm thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment